We are excited to expand our team by adding a Corporate Counsel role to our Austin office.
Why work at Actum?
- Learn from and grow with an ACH payments industry leader
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match and excellent benefits, including generous medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance.
Why is the role open ?
We’re a fast growing company navigating an ever changing payments landscape. We pride ourselves on our nimbleness and speed in addressing the needs of our merchant clients and strategic partners, which demands that our legal needs are met quickly and with a comprehensive understanding of the payments eco system and our business goals. Our growth has allowed us the opportunity to add exceptional talent to our team!
What will you be doing?
- Advise on a variety of corporate legal issues
- Assist with project management tasks needed to organize and track legal obligations and contracts
- Draft, negotiate and review commercial contracts
- Assist in production and maintenance of compliance programs
- Stay informed on current and relevant financial services, consumer protection, advertising and privacy laws and regulations
- The position will report directly to the CEO
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited U.S. law school
- Member in good standing of a U.S. State bar
- General corporate law experience is required
- 2+ years of experience as a corporate attorney in a law firm or in-house
- Payments law experience preferred
- Requires excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Exercises good judgment
- Demonstrates strong contract review and drafting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Upon accepted offer, you will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check
How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is a salaried, exempt position with company. INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS WITH RESUME SUBMISSION. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.