How Can We Help?
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): How to Use via Actum Portal
Security and peace of mind come to the forefront of Actum Processing merchants when using the Actum Portal. Multi-Factor Authentication, or MFA, provides a security layer to utilize the Actum Portal at its maximum, ensuring the actual individual logs in to the portal tied directly to their contact information.
This article explains how to properly set up MFA, logging in to the Actum Portal via MFA and editing MFA login details.
Setting Up MFA
1. The authentication system must be configured. In this case, Actum Support starts this process by sending an invitation link via a welcome email with a Portal Sign Up Link as shown below.
Alternatively, create the invitation link via Actum’s Reporting Portal at https://reports.actumprocessing.com. Then, click on the invitation link sent via a welcome email.
2. Enter the Last Four (4) of the TaxID (Tax ID number) and Last Four (4) of the Bank Account and click on Submit to proceed.
3. Create and enter a Username and create and enter the password in the Create Password and Confirm Password fields. Click on Submit to proceed.
4. Select from the three Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Enrollment types and click on Submit to proceed. If Send SMS or Voice Call is chosen, enter the applicable country code before the phone number without special characters (i.e., 15124020082).
5. Lastly, enter the code sent to the chosen Multi-Factor Authentication method and click on Verify to log in to the Actum Portal.
Logging Into Actum Portal
1. First, log in to the Actum Portal at https://merchant.actumprocessing.com.
2. Then, click on the preferred two-step verification delivery method.
3. Now, enter the six digit code and click on Verify to proceed.
1. Upon logging in to the Actum Portal, click on the username on the top right corner and choose Authentication Methods.
2. To update an Authentication Method, enter a new phone number in the SMS or Voice fields. Be sure to enter the international code ahead of the area code and seven digit phone number (i.e., 15124020082). Then, click on Update SMS and/or Update Voice.
• While the Email Authentication Method is available, utilize the SMS or Voice Authentication Method to log into the Actum Portal in an efficient, quicker fashion.
• Additionally, for the SMS or Voice Authentication Method, enter the country code in front of the phone number (i.e., 15124020082).