How to Submit a Transaction Through the Virtual Terminal
An ACH Debit or ACH Credit can be submitted through the Virtual Terminal. However, funds must be in your Credit Reserve before you can submit an ACH Credit. An instructional entry on funding a credit reserve is available here.
- 1. Log-in to your Actum Processing merchant account by going to https://reports.actumprocessing.com.
2. Hover your cursor over the Utilities menu option. Next, left click on the Virtual Terminal option from the drop-down menu.
3. Next, on the Virtual Terminal screen, you may enter all required information with submitting a transaction. All fields with a red asterisk ( * ) must be provided.
- • You must select whether the bank account you are entering is a checking or savings account. However, if you choose the incorrect bank account type, the transaction will fail.
• If you are creating a recurring transaction, you do not need to fill in the Recurring Amount. This field applies when your client will be assessed different fees for the initial vs recurring amount.
• The Maximum Number of Billings is helpful if you know how many times you are going to debit your customer. For this reason, if you intend to debit them 100 times, you will enter “100” in that field.
• When submitting a standard debit transaction, the actual debit does not appear on the client (receiver)’s bank account until the following business day. However, when submitting a same day debit transaction, the debit appears on the client (receiver)’s bank account by 6 p.m. ET.
• You may put a value in the “Number of Days Until Recur” if you put a value in “Recurring Amount” or if you intend for the date of the recurring debit to be different from the date of the initial billing, regardless if the initial and recurring dollar amounts will be the same or different. For example, if you wish to submit the initial debit today, but want recurring debits to occur on a different date, indicate the number of days between the initial debit and the intended recurring debit date. Otherwise, leave “Recurring Amount” blank unless the recuring amount will be different from the “Initial Amount.”
• If you need to create a new transaction for an existing client with new or different bank information from an existing order, you must create a new transaction altogether. If you “Create a New Transaction” off an existing order, providing new bank information in the new order will cause the Virtual Terminal to update the bank information on the existing order.
Federal Holidays, Future Initial Billing and Foreign Bank Accounts
• The Date of Future Initial Billing solely applies for ACH Debits and if you would like the debits to happen on a different date in the future. For example, you can create the transaction today and set the debit for the future beyond the present. Also, the Date of Future Initial Billing serves as the submission date to Actum. Once the transaction gets submitted to Actum, the client’s bank account gets debited on the following business date. Also, if a recurring transaction is on business-daily, you do not have to add an extra transaction whenever a holiday occurs on a weekday.
• Actum merchants can debit only checking and savings accounts based in the U.S. (and Puerto Rico).